Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Well! You read that right. We are predicting that there will be an end to my WIPs this 2018. And just like all predictions there is a possibility that it will or will not come true. I am hoping though that some of my WIPs would meet their intended end and be reborn as FFOs. Thus, WIPocalypse.
WIPocalypse is not a term that I created. It is a term, coined by Melissa from Measi’s Musings, that has been going on for a few years now. You can read more about this SAL here.
It was at the end of 2017 that I heard about this SAL through the Flosstube channels of Michelle (Bendy Stitchy) and Jessie (JessieMarieDoesStuff). Those 2 got me curious about this SAL. I like the premise of WIPping down a WIP pile that seems to have a life of it’s own and is growing exponentially. What do I expect to happen when I start more things than I can finish? Right?
Oh, the guilt! (cue dramatic music)
Anyway, this is the year I want to change that WIP pile. I currently have around 30 WIPs. Most of which are full coverage. In 2017, I was able to finish a dismal 10 full pages. Very embarrassing. I know I can actually finish 24 pages a year if I put in at least an hour in the morning, 2 hours per night and 10 hours per weekend to stitching. That still leaves me with a lot of time for work, house chores, social gatherings, and other hobbies. But, no, most days, I just sit on my balcony and people watch. Me and my need to observe. Hahaha…
Anyway, below are the WIPs that I have lying around. Well… at least the ones I could find. There are probably more. I’ll add them to the list as I find them.
- BROOKE’S BOOKS ADVENT ANIMALS (Series)
- COFFEE & TEA (Janlynn) – 135 x 218 stitches
- DOWNTOWN (HAED) – 625 x 468 stitches
- ENGLISH PINPILLOW – 120 x 122 stitches
- EPIC POKEMON – 256 x 450 stitches
- FAIRY GRANDMOTHER (Lavender & Lace) – 140 x 297 stitches
- FAITH, HOPE, CHARITY (HAED) – 525 x 393 stitches
- FAREWELL TO ANGER (HAED) – 625 X 412 Stitches
- GOOD HARVEST (DMC Phil) – 210 x 252 stitches
- HANGING THE QUILTS (Cross-stitch & Country Crafts Magazine) – 77 x 126 stitches
- INTERTWINE (DMC Phil) – 361 x 280 stitches
- JOYFUL WORLD CALENDAR (Snowflake Diaries Series)
- From February to December
- LION (DMC Phil) – 140 x 140 stitches
- LINEN & THREADS MYSTERY SAMPLER 2017 (Linen & Threads)
- September – 205 x 35 stitches
- October – 205 x 53 stitches
- November – 205 x 22 stitches
- December – 205 x 34 stitches
- LAVANDERA (DMC Phil SAP) – 280 x 336 stitches
- MAGICAL CREATURES CALENDAR (Cloudsfactory)
- MANGO HARVEST (DMC Phil SAP) – 406 x 280 stitches
- MASTER (Tilton Crafts) – 300 x 460 stitches
- MINI TIME 1 (HAED) – 150 X 332 stitches
- NOONTIME MEAL (DMC Phil SAP) – 364 x 238 stitches
- SAVE THE STITCHES (Liz Almond)
- SECRET GARDEN 1 (DMC Phil) – 196 x 360 stitches
- SPIRIT OF THE COUGAR (Creative Accents) – 207 x 237 stitches
- STILL LIFE (DMC Phil) – 155 x 251 stitches
- STORYKEEP WINESHELF (HAED) – 112 x 329 stitches
- SUMMER SAMPLER (Janlynn) – 172 x 228 stitches
- SUPERSIZED THE LISTENER (HAED) – 999 x 998
- THE KISS (DMC Phil) – 280 x 392 stitches
- UPSTREAM (DMC Phil) – 98 x 224 Stitches
- WONDERFUL WORLD (Cross-stitch Gold #126) –
MY WIPOCAYPSE GOAL
My goal for this SAL are:
- Stitch at least 12 full coverage pieces on my HAED pieces
- Stitch at least 12 full coverage pages on my non-HAED pieces
- Finish Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler 2017
- Finish Spirit of the Cougar.
- Finish Coffee and Tea or Summer Sampler.
- Finish at least 10 of the advent Animals.
(Note: I am also participating in Soulful Stitching’s Year of WIPs challenge. My goals for that Challenge would lead up to my loftier WIPocalypse 2018 goals.)
Although, I know that having a finish is already a reward. I always like to device a reward system for any challenge that I undertake. So here is what I came up with.
- If I finish Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler 2017 and the 5 Advent Animals, I would allow myself to start the Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler 2018.
- If I finish Spirit of the Cougar and another mid-size project (Coffee & Tea or Summer Sampler), I would allow myself to start one of my kitted SODA stitch patterns.
- If I finish 12 full coverage pages, I will start Happy Ever After (HAED).
(Note: I am also participating in Stitch from Stash 2018 which was started by Ms.OhSoCrafty. I’m following the guidelines there for the monetary reward system. I intend to stitch purely from stash this 2018.)
I know my goals are a little lofty and close to impossible. But… still very, very possible.
It’s Jan 5 now. The first 5 days of 2018 have already shown me how exciting this year would be. I’m hoping that WIPocalypse and YOWCH will be happy addition.
Good luck to all who participants! I can’t wait to see all of us finish our projects.